Rebars – RC Bars, Deformed Bars, Reinforcing Bars
A rebar (short for reinforcing bar), also known as reinforcing steel, reinforcement steel, or a deformed bar, is a common steel bar, and is commonly used as a tensioning device in reinforced concrete and reinforced masonry structures holding the concrete in compression. It is usually formed from carbon steel, and is given ridges for better mechanical anchoring into the concrete.
The surface of the rebar may be patterned to form a better bond with the concrete.
Concrete is a material that is very strong in compression, but relatively weak in tension. To compensate for this imbalance in concrete’s behavior, rebar is cast into it to carry the tensile loads. Most steel reinforcement is divided into primary and secondary reinforcement, but there are other minor uses:
- Primary reinforcement refers to the steel which is employed to guarantee the resistance needed by the structure as a whole to support the design loads.
- Secondary reinforcement is employed for durability and aesthetic reasons., by providing enough localized resistance to limit cracking and resist stresses caused by effects such as temperature changes and shrinkage.
- Rebar is also employed to confer resistance to concentrated loads by providing enough localized resistance and stiffness for a load to spread through a wider area.
- Rebar may also be used to hold other steel bars in the correct position to accommodate their loads.
- External steel tie bars can constrain and reinforce masonry structures, as illustrated by the Nevyansk Tower or ancient structures in Rome and the Vatican.
Below table are the specifications and weight references for deformed bars:
* Maximum yield strength of Weldable steel bars shall not exceed 540 MPa
** Tensile strength shall not be less than 1.25 time the actual yield strength
Steel Rebars / Deformed Bar Prices
Our steel rebars / deformed bar prices will be available based on the current market and therefore you are assured with a fair trade from us. Please do not hesitate to send us your inquiries anytime with convenience. Contact us today for your inquiries and orders.